Small Group Questions // Week of February 10th, 2019
1. Take a moment to quickly summarize and share what God has been doing in your life during this Soul Care series.
2. What did you think about the “I am my own Shepherd” Psalm? In what ways are you most likely to live on your own power this week?
3. Share something you discovered about yourself in the Psalm 23 test and the exercise on “what fills my tank?”
4. Spend some time as a group reviewing these passages (Isaiah 30:15-18, Psalm 103:1-14, Hebrews 12:5-12, Lamentations 3:17-26)
If your group is large, consider organizing into smaller sub-groups to discuss a passage each.
What do these verses say about quietness, rest or weariness?
What is God’s heart for disciplining us? Where is the hope in that discipline or correction?
How do these verses restore and encourage your soul?
Any other insights gleaned from those scriptures?
5. Of the 5 next steps in the Sabbath Starter Kit, which one does God want you to start with first?
6. What if rest and Sabbath were one of the most powerful spiritual habits to the Christian life?
7. How might Sabbath impact your health, family, spiritual walk, work life, your witness to others, etc.?
Take a moment to pray for one another.
Thank God for how he is working in your life.