Life Group Questions // Week of June 23rd, 2019
Ground Rules: Remember, it's ok to disagree, and love can exist despite not being on the same page. Be respectful towards each others’
opinions and remember that the person you disagree with is a brother/sister in Christ.
1. Genesis 1:26 describes the Trinity creating the world and humanity: “Let us make man in our image, after our
· Consider referencing the definition of “sacred” in the notes and Genesis 1:26-31.
2. Why is God so passionate about protecting life? Isn’t this world flawed and broken? What makes it so special to live here on earth?
3. This concept of “sanctity of life” is something that often distinguishes us from other faiths.
· Throughout history, our forefathers in the faith extended love and grace to those unwanted.
· Besides the unborn, who else in our society today is unwanted or unjustly treated today?
· What role can the church play in loving and caring for those you discuss as unwanted?
4. Read Psalm 139:11-17.
· What do these verses show you about God’s character?
· What does this passage reveal to you about humanity?
· How do these scriptures influence the ways I relate to others?
· Any other observations?
5. Read Romans 8:38. Is having an abortion something that can separate you from God’s love? Why not?
· Read 2 Cor. 12:7-9. Pre-Jesus Paul was someone who persecuted and murdered Christians and their families.
· Yet how does he describe God’s grace in his life?
6. Spend some time in prayer together as God so leads.
Genesis 1:26-31 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 Then God said, “Let us make man[a] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so. 31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Psalm 139:11-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Romans 8:38 English Standard Version (ESV)
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
2 Corinthians 12:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,[a] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.